Google Summer of Code 2016

Hi!

Its that time of year again and I believe that we plan to participate in Google Summer of Code 2016 again (we did so in 2013, 2014, and 2015). We are of course waiting to get accepted (we will know on Feb 29 2016) but that should not stop you, a *potential mentor* from adding your idea to the idea’s list page:

	https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/google-summer-of-code-2016/

Potential mentors should also see if there are Jira tasks they’d like completed:
	https://mariadb.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=labels%3Dgsoc16

(add more by adding the gsoc16 label)

*Students* — please note that we have *not* been accepted *yet*, so asking us if you can do a project now is not necessarily useful (once we are accepted, then yes, please propose your interest)

Here’s to Google Summer of Code 2016!

cheers,
-colin

--