Re: New Question: Non-blocking calls from PHP

Replying here in addition to the web page (ugh Frankenstein's monster)...

I just finished the first version of 'async' which runs queries in the
background (in parallel!) using a queue table, a crafty stored procedure
for a worker thread, and an event which executes the workers.

http://swanhart.livejournal.com/138754.html