Re: The insert performance issue

> Le 10 Mar 2016 à 19:05, walter harms <wharms@xxxxxx> a écrit :
>

> Am 10.03.2016 09:42, schrieb Sergei Golubchik:
>> Hi, Walter!

>>> I have notice that mariadb (and mysql) need a lot of time for login.
>>> A noteable speedup is to use ssh+keyexchange.
>>
>> This is simply not true. MariaDB (and MySQL) authetication protocol is
>> very light-weight, the server sends the welcome packet, the client
>> replies with the username/password, the server sends "OK". It is
>> certainly much cheaper than SSH.
>>
>> Either way, in the original question there is only one connection,
>> and authentication - even as slow as SSH - cannot take 10 seconds.
>>
>> (unless he used a custom authentication plugin that does "sleep(10)")
>>

> I have no clue what the problem is i can only say in my context it is
> faster to use ssh

Hi Walter,

I guess this is expected mysql client run queries one by one and will take a total amount of time just because each query add a small communication time

You can fixe this with 2 options :
1 - Use batch insert to get bigger packet on network .
2 - Use more concurrency by splitting your file in peaces and run each peace in concurrency

ETL like talent can make this in graphical designer.

Please experiment dumping you 100K result table with mysqldump and reload the resulting file from network let us know how long it take  on your hardware
If it is a lot more faster, have look on how it’s done !

Keep in mind insert perf  is really a matter of configuration , data safety and data size you would like to get.
There is always a hardware limit and be sure that MariaDB can reach it when well tuned.

Those having storage that cost more than 40K euros,  we monitor internal limit at  60K IOp/s for writes:)

Subliminal PS for Kristian
DROP DOMAIN ! DROP DOMAIN !

Thanks Stéphane