Re: The insert performance issue

Hi, 林澤宇!

On Mar 10, 林澤宇 wrote:
> Hi ALL ,
>
> I test the MariaDB performance of insert command .
> I use a file include 100000 insert command statements to test the insert
> performanc .
> On local server ,the Mariadb spent about 20 second to insert data;but on
> remote server ,the MariaDB spent about 30 second to insert data .
> I execute the command " mysql -h db1 -utest -ptest -D IST <
> insert_file.sql" on local and remote servers .
>
> Why the MariaDB has about 10 second gap ?
> Maybe the network should to cause some latancy ,but the time should not
> have so long .
>
> What issue to cause the gap ?

May be hostname resolution? As far as I understand the default resolver
timeout is 5 seconds (man resolv.conf) - two failed name lookups gives
you exactly 10 seconds.

Try --skip-name-resolve on the remote mariadb server and make sure you
only use IP adresses when granting privileges and when connecting to the
server.

Regards,
Sergei
Chief Architect MariaDB