Re: Monitoring InnoDB tables?

Hello Rhys,

Thanks for your suggestions!

> Den 13. apr. 2016 kl. 09.48 skrev Rhys.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> Triggers?

You mean create a custom logging table in the customer database? I guess I could do something like this on each table:

  CREATE TRIGGER insert_event AFTER INSERT ON t1 FOR EACH ROW INSERT INTO event_log SET table_name = 't1', count=1 ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE count = count + 1;

> Monitor the binlog, as you state, might be a goer.

Yes, but I'd like to know which schema and table changed, not just that *something* changed somewhere on the server. Otherwise I have too much work to do.

> You could enable the performance schema and monitor queries there?

I tried to enable the performance_schema. Any pointers to where I should look? Poking around, my best bet right now would be:

   SELECT object_schema, object_name, sum_timer_write_allow_write FROM table_lock_waits_summary_by_table WHERE object_schema='test' AND object_name='t1';

> If you cannot change the source database at all how about an additional slave that you can change? I think I'd go for this option.

I could try that.

Erik