Re: Dynamically rewrite query

> On 20 Apr 2016, at 22:09, Erik Cederstrand <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> In the meantime, is there any way I can rewrite queries like this dynamically to remove the DISTINCT clause? MySQL 5.7 documentation mentions query rewrite plugins, but I don't see that mentioned in MariaDB documentation. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Query rewriting is not available in MariaDB Server up to 10.1 yet, and the current solution for this would be to use MariaDB MaxScale, which will sit between your app and the server. If you feel that query rewriting should also be in the server, I suggest you start watching this issue and even voting for it: https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-5561

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/
twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles