Re: Regarding Automatic fail-over - Maxscale

Hello Karthick,

if you have only two servers it does not make sense to use a binlog router
for failover. Binlog router has been conceived for the case when you have
many slaves connecting to an intermediate master.

If you want to manage this with two servers, you would have to configure
MaxScale with the multi-master monitor and set your servers with
bidirectional replication. MaxScale will pick up the server which has
read_only=0 as master.

You can also use MRM to manage the failover part. For more instructions
please visit https://github.com/mariadb-corporation/replication-manager

Regards
Guillaume