When using the getGeneratedKeys() method the keys are returned, but in which order?

Hi,

I want to insert multiple records into a table using one statement
like this through jdbc:

  INSERT INTO demo (name) VALUES ('Jeff'),('Jones'),('Agnes'),...,('Wolfgang');

Then I want to get the generated ids with the getGeneratedKeys()
method and match them to the inserted records but how can I be sure
the method gives the ids in the same order as I listed the records in
the statement? I can't find any related information in the
documentation just the fact the method gives back those ids.

DDL:

CREATE TABLE demo (id bigint primary key auto_increment , name text);

If this information would put into the document also then I can go
with my implementation on this way.

Thanks,
Peter

Follow ups