Re: on stored procedures

Well, because the change to the parser and the VIO layer were major, and
because it wasn't merged, it drifted, and it really drifted as major
releases were added.  At this point, with the X protocol, and changes to
triggers so that you can have more than one, and various other changes, it
is very hard to merge.  I gave a go at it, but I'm not familiar enough with
the server to do it, so I gave up.  I came up with a different way to run
SQL in the server, and for plugging in other languages I just use the
gearman UDF which runs them out of process safely (but they can't run SQL
on the THD, if they want to use a connection they have to create a new one).