 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] on stored procedures
 A: "Justin Swanhart" <greenlion@xxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: "Federico Razzoli" <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx>, "Maria Discuss" <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Lunedì 7 novembre 2016, 22:42

 Hi, Justin!

 On Nov 07, Justin Swanhart
 wrote:
 > We discussed it here and it
 seemed vary popular.  WL-820.

 I know, right?

 A cool and useful feature, I'd say. I
 cannot understand why it's
 constantly
 being pushed down for the last 10 years.

 I still hope we get it someday.

 Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 Federico Razzoli wrote:
 > > > Some
 good points from Bill Karwin:

 https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-reasons-not-to-use-or-

 not-use-stored-procedures/answer/Bill-Karwin

 > > Thanks.
 > >
 > > These are
 valid points, and some of them are related.
 > > For example, "does not have a
 rich library of functions or standard

 > procedures" that follows from "does not
 support packages".
 might be fixed in https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-10591

 > > External
 languages for stored procedures - that's a very cool
 feature,
 > > and patches exist for
 many years. But, apparently, it's more cool than
 > > practically useful? There were almost
 no requests for it, not when I was

 in MySQL, not in MariaDB. And, frankly, I do not know why,
 this looks
 > > insanely useful to
 me.

 Regards,