Re: question about generating logs on MariaDB 10.1.21

Am 24.01.2017 um 23:27 schrieb Guillaume Lefranc:
Hi Chris,

In CentOS 7, error logs are handled by systemd.

as well as stdout and hence mariadb should *really* fix spit that startup lines into the general systemlog when "log-error" and "general_log_file" are configured - the fact that the service was started/stopped is logged by systemd anyways

mysqld: 2017-01-24 22:16:10 139841788156224 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld (mysqld 10.1.21-MariaDB) starting as process 14782..

https://lists.launchpad.net/maria-discuss/msg02858.html

Use the "journalctl -u mariadb.service" command to view them.

I have no idea what's wrong with the general logs though. Maybe that's
some permission issue. Please check that the mysql user can write in
/var/log/mysql. You might have success by changing the log path to your
datadir, e.g. to /mnt/mysqldbs/mysql.log, since mysqld can always write
in its own datadir.

Regards
GL

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:04 PM Chris Adams <chris.a.adams@xxxxxxxxxxx