Re: question about generating logs on MariaDB 10.1.21

Am 24.01.2017 um 23:42 schrieb Reindl Harald:

Am 24.01.2017 um 23:27 schrieb Guillaume Lefranc:
Hi Chris,

In CentOS 7, error logs are handled by systemd.

as well as stdout and hence mariadb should *really* fix spit that
startup lines into the general systemlog when "log-error" and
"general_log_file" are configured - the fact that the service was
started/stopped is logged by systemd anyways

mysqld: 2017-01-24 22:16:10 139841788156224 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld
(mysqld 10.1.21-MariaDB) starting as process 14782..

https://lists.launchpad.net/maria-discuss/msg02858.html

and i even seeked the source code after your useless "You don't give any meaningful context at all to solve this issue. What's the distribution you using? What commands do you use to start mariadb? Where do you see this message?" when it's reproduceable by just call /usr/libexec/mysqld in a terminal

* mysqld.cc
* line 4075

if (!opt_help)
sql_print_information("%s (mysqld %s) starting as process %lu ...", my_progname, server_version, (ulong) getpid());

Use the "journalctl -u mariadb.service" command to view them.

I have no idea what's wrong with the general logs though. Maybe that's
some permission issue. Please check that the mysql user can write in
/var/log/mysql. You might have success by changing the log path to your
datadir, e.g. to /mnt/mysqldbs/mysql.log, since mysqld can always write
in its own datadir.

Regards
GL

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:04 PM Chris Adams <chris.a.adams@xxxxxxxxxxx