Re: timestamp with time zone support mariaDB 10.1.14

Hi, Karthick!

On Feb 23, Karthick Subramanian wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> I got this error, not sure whether maria db supports time zone:
>
> MariaDB [devdb]> create table ts (dt datetime, tz timestamp with time zone);
> ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
> that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use
> near 'time zone)' at line 1
>
> My application team is looking for time zone support. Any thought please.
>
> reference:
>
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/sql-99/temporal-data-types/#time-with-time-zone

At the top of that page you can see a disclaimer:

  This page is part of the book SQL-99 Complete, Really, by Peter
  Gulutzan & Trudy Pelzer. The authors have graciously allowed us to
  reproduce the contents of the book here. Because the book is about the
  SQL-99 standard, the contents of this and other pages in the book may
  not directly apply to MariaDB. Use the navigation bar to navigate the book.

If you want to see the documentation that directly applies to MariaDB,
look at this page:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/data-types/

Regards,
Sergei