Re: timestamp with time zone support mariaDB 10.1.14

On 2/23/2017 9:11 AM, Karthick Subramanian wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> I got this error, not sure whether maria db supports time zone:
>
> MariaDB [devdb]> create table ts (dt datetime, tz timestamp with time
> zone);
> ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
> manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right
> syntax to use near 'time zone)' at line 1
>
> My application team is looking for time zone support. Any thought please.

TIMESTAMP columns are limited to the valid UNIX timestamps (and subject
to the year 2038 problem) but adjust to the time_zone variable (global
or session) automatically.
DATETIME can store much more but you will need to store/retrieve
consistent values with functions like CONVERT_TZ.

By the way.. the SQL 99 is a copy of a book and not necessarily
implemented in MariaDB.
Please follow the documentation listed at
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/documentation/ for what is existing in
MariaDB.

Brian