 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] MySQL Workbench Fork?
 A: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Zach Lym" <zachlym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Giovedì 20 Aprile 2017, 21:51

 Totally agree. It's an necessary part for us. So
 many features missing. Tired of their warning too about
 mariadb.

 Steve Fatula

 On Apr 20, 2017, 2:13 PM -0500, Zach Lym
 <zachlym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, wrote:

 I convinced my boss to use MariaDB
 for a new project but it appears

 that the workbench is incompatible with new features of
 MariaDB. I've

 looked at the alternatives listed on the website, but they
 are all

 either proprietary or Windows only. I just can't sell my
 boss on

 switching to MariaDB without workbench.

 Free software isn't free, but I think Workbench is a big
 driver of

 commercial and enterprise use. It's easy to kvetch from
 the outside,

 but I feel as though MariaDB has just lost some ground.

 Has management considered forking Workbench?

 Thank you,

 -Zach Lym