Re: MySQL Workbench Fork?

Sure, but don't confuse a post with a fact either. That's great he has an opinion that you share, I am sure I can find many more that say the opposite. What I got from his post is there are some things a gui cannot do, which is of course the case. So? The opposite is true also, if you add the word quickly. That does not make a point as universal true or factual. Should we abandon SNMP and other standards type network consoles (gui) since obviously we can do the same thing without them? You don't see the value is the gui network view? So, workbench feature of showing you a refreshing graphical status of your server isn't useful? It's not complete by any means, but it is useful, just like the connections screen showing running queries. Those are just examples which some will desire to pick on. But I think it's a reasonable view.

My point is not guis are (always) better, they each have a place.