 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] MySQL Workbench Fork?
 A: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Federico Razzoli" <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx>
 Data: Giovedì 27 Aprile 2017, 20:34

 Sure, but don't confuse a post with a fact either.
 That's great he has an opinion that you share, I am sure
 I can find many more that say the opposite. What I got from
 his post is there are some things a gui cannot do, which is
 of course the case. So? The opposite is true also, if you
 add the word quickly. That does not make a point as
 universal true or factual. Should we abandon SNMP and other
 standards type network consoles (gui) since obviously we can
 do the same thing without them? You don't see the value
 is the gui network view? So, workbench feature of showing
 you a refreshing graphical status of your server isn't
 useful? It's not complete by any means, but it is
 useful, just like the connections screen showing running
 queries. Those are just examples which some will desire to
 pick on. But I think it's a reasonable view.

 My point is not guis are (always) better, they each have a
 place.

 On Apr 27, 2017, 1:23 PM -0500, Federico Razzoli