Re: Connector Net Question

On 17.05.2017 11:26, ksubramanian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

All,

We have set auto-commit=false at server level.

But our .Net developers want to enable this auto-commit as true (default behaviour) that I hesitant to do that. Is there any connector (driver) properties that we can set at connection level for auto-commit. I know in JDBC driver, we have the properties that we can set at driver level when we establish connection to DB. But for connector/Net I am trying to find, couldn’t locate one. I noticed auto-enlist sett to true or false, not sure whether this will mimic the auto-commit functionality in a given connection.

Can anyone using .Net and MariaDB combination help me to share your thought on this.

Out of curiosity, what is the reason for you to use the non-default behavior (global auto-commit=false)?

As far as I know, you cannot set arbitrary session variable automatically with C/NET, and there is no property for autocommit. Thus this would need to be done in code, just after connecting, e.g command.executeNonQuery("set @@autocommit=1")

Regards,

Karthick