Broken MariaDB client ARGGG!!!

I'm constantly astounded at the extreme cavalier attitude that MySQL/MariaDB has had towards backwards compatibility for the nearly two decades I've worked with it. Its like you hate the developers that use your stuff. What's up with this?!?!

I decided I better install the latest updates to my Deb7 64bit MariaDB install. WTF! Now all of my PHP apps are griping about:

----

symbol client_errors, version libmysqlclient_18 not defined in file libmysqlclient.so.18 ...

----

And it was working so well ten minutes ago. 10.2 even did away with the previous gripes from v10.1. :-/ But with the update to 10.2.6+maria~wheezy of the client libraries from your Debian repositories my clients' sites are down.

Please fix. I'll find someway to install older functional code again.

- Jon

--
Sent from my Debian Linux workstation -- http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Jon Foster