Re: Broken MariaDB client ARGGG!!!

I decided I better install the latest updates to my Deb7 64bit MariaDB install. WTF! Now all of my PHP apps are griping about:

----

symbol client_errors, version libmysqlclient_18 not defined in file libmysqlclient.so.18 ...

Not related to the backwards compability but for the php imo it's best to build with the native mysqlnd driver (transparently works with mysql/mysqli and pdo extensions). Comes with the php core so one less shared library to rely on.

Afaik there should be also php7-mysqlnd package for Debian.

rr