Federico

 Data: Giovedì 13 luglio 2017, 12:35

 Hi, Reindl!

 On
 Jul 13, Reindl Harald wrote:
 > Am
 13.07.2017 um 11:55 schrieb Sergei Golubchik:
 > > On Jul 13, Reindl Harald wrote:
 > >> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mariadb-1027-changelog/

 thought xtradb is gone in 10.2.x

 > >> is it back now with
 10.2.7 or is the changelog a random wild mix of
 > >> commits with no context to the
 version of the release?

 > > Neither. Changelog is generated as
 "all commits that are present in the
 > > 10.2.7 history, but were not present
 in the 10.2.6 history". And all

 > commits in 10.1 are merged into 10.2 eventually
 (because many 10.1
 > > bugfixes apply
 to 10.2 too).

 > > So whatever was done to XtraDB in
 10.1 it will be part of 10.2 revision

 > history, even though XtraDB itself is disabled in 10.2
 (and does not
 > > even compile
 there).

 I agree that it's confusing, but what can we do?
 Manually filter out all
 > > commits
 that contain the string "xtradb" from the
 changelog?

 > well,
 at least some filters make sense because things like
 "Update
 > xtradb and innodb version
 to 5.6.36" are pure nonsense when innodb in
 > 10.2 AFAIK is 5.7 and so the complete
 changelog feels very useless and

 instead beeing helpful it spreads doubt how that whole stuff
 works at
 > all when random pieces seems
 to get merged bewteen versions or at least
 > the changelog says so

 Okay. https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-13312

 Regards,
 Sergei