From: Ali, Saqib
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 7:38 PM
To: Vladislav Vaintroub
Cc: Maria Discuss
Subject: Re: [Maria-discuss] MariaDB unable to read the /etc/krb5.keytab

Vladislav,
I enabled the TRACE log. But that doesn't produce any logs for this issue. Any other ideas?

Sincerely,
Saqib
http://saqib.org

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Vladislav Vaintroub <vvaintroub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Those errors come from GSSAPI/Kerberos APIs, they are not originated directly by the server.
You can use  environment variable KRB5_TRACE as described in https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/troubleshoot.html to see more output. Set it before you start up the server.
You can also use strace maybe, or a look for usual suspects (does mysql user have read access to  keytab, does the keytab exist). You can also use private keytab if this is more convenient for you.