Re: MaxScale behaviour differs for TLs and non-TLS clients

Hi Markus,

I can confirm that Galeramon is connecting to the Galera database instances
via unencrypted connections. In fact, Galeramon never loses connection to
the master node, constantly pinging it and querying it for
"wsrep_local_state" and "wsrep_local_index" status.

Having decrypted the packet, the last packet emitted by MaxScale to the
client prior to closing the connection to both the client and the master
node is a MySQL 2003 response. However, I have replicated it for a non-TLS
client connection.

I have tracked it down to a specific circumstance: it occurs when the
master node has a HIGHER 'wsrep_local_index' value than the slave when the
slave is brought back online. It does NOT occur when the master node has a
LOWER  'wsrep_local_index' value than the slave. In that circumstance
MaxScale/Galeramon reports (in /etc/syslog):

maxscale[10675]: [galeramon] There are no cluster members
maxscale[10675]: Server changed state: dbnode1[172.100.1.22:3306]:
lost_master. [Master, Synced, Running] -> [Running]
maxscale[10675]: [galeramon] Found cluster members
maxscale[10675]: Server changed state: dbnode1[172.100.1.22:3306]:
new_master. [Running] -> [Master, Synced, Running]
maxscale[10675]: Server changed state: dbnode2[172.100.1.23:3306]:
slave_up. [Down] -> [Slave, Synced, Running]

Is that a known issue, or should I report it as a new issue?