Re: MariaDB threads optimalization

Am 07.02.2018 um 11:39 schrieb jocelyn fournier:
Le 7 févr. 2018 à 11:34, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Am 07.02.2018 um 11:28 schrieb Sergey Vojtovich:
I'm afraid query cache doesn't scale well. Try turning it off

well, the question is why on a read-bound workload because there is no valid reason that it locks reads for other threads

and no remove query-cache like MySQL 8.0 is no solution because when you have a few terrible optimized queries on your server which takes seconds to run query-cache will save your ass while you can (and we did) write known fast queries with "select SQL_NO_CACHE" to get the locking relaxed

You could also take a look at software like https://www.heimdalldata.com which tries to replace the query cache (and much more BTW)

it's not very helpful to throw more and more layers and software on problems trying to hide instead solve them

each layer brings inevitable it's own problems to the mix and if it's only added latency for non-cacheable queries and complexer dependencies for long-term maintainance of oyur whole application stack
__

P.S.: can you fix your mail-client so that it knows about how to handle mailing-lists properly instead reply-all?

you break *my* reply-list button and make reply go directly to you and leave the list out besides that you off-list copy was fatser, the list-message silently got killed by the duplicate filter and my reply now starts a new thread