Re: build broken again -> Fwd: [MariaDB Announce] MariaDB 10.2.13, MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.0.3 and MariaDB Connector/ODBC 2.0.16 now available

Am 14.02.2018 um 13:05 schrieb Sergei Golubchik:
Hi, Reindl!

On Feb 13, Reindl Harald wrote:
can we have a release which simply builds?
see my complaint about 10.2.12
10.2.13 is also broken
different place

would you guys mind sent out a link to the users list *before* GA
annoucements so that such likely easy to fix bugs can be fixed *before*
the announcement?

No, of course, we wouldn't. Our builds are public anyway.
But I think it's the wrong approach.
Now I've added two new builders to buildbot, one builds without
performance schema, the other builds without partitioning.
So, from now on, if the source doesn't compile that way, we'll see it at
once and fix it.

In other words - sorry for the troubles, won't happen again.

Are there any other your compilation option that were causing troubles
recently?

recently not - point is that my mariadb.spec don't get touch normally besides write a changelog entry and raise version or when a point update spits out new binaries which are not used like "-DWITH_MARIABACKUP=OFF" which also leads to a failed rpmbuild because new files not listed in the %files section

for now i just built with partition support to get a working update and the reason is that i don't want features which aren't used built at all

partitioning as exmaple makes zero sense here because the severs are a VMware cluster with a central shared storage, for dbmail partitioning makes no sense and for the 5000 mostly tiny MyISAM tables for CMS systems which are in summary 600 MB large too

[harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q --changelog mariadb-server
* Di Feb 13 2018 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- update to 10.2.13
- remove '-DPLUGIN_PARTITION=NO' for now because of failing build
- delete unused files '/usr/lib/sysusers.d/sysusers.conf' and '/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/tmpfiles.conf' from package