Re: MariaDB Compile Size

Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone for their help on this. I checked the size of some of the folders that were installed during my initial installation, and found that these were the biggest files:

lib/plugin/
  ha_rocksdb.so

lib/
  libmysqld.so.19
  libmysqld.a

bin/
  sst_dump
  mysql_ldb
  mysqltest_embedded
  mysql_client_test_embedded
  mysql_embedded
  mysqld
  mariabackup

I therefore disabled most of them using the appropriate options (such as -DWITHOUT_ROCKSDB_STORAGE_ENGINE=1, -DWITH_EMBEDDED_SERVER=OFF, -DWITH_MARIABACKUP=OFF etc.) and now the install size is down to 476 MB.

This is also a very helpful resource: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/choosing-the-right-storage-engine/

More documentation on the storage engines during compile time, in the Compiling MariaDB From Source/Generic Build Instructions section of the knowledge base, or more instructions on the compile time options, would be useful.

Thanks again!