Re: community contribution measurement page

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 13:29:07 +0200
Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Daniel!
>
> Wow, this is very informative. Thanks a lot!

You're welcome.

> It's nice to see how "First PR response" time got improved (in 2015?)
> after Svoj started handling PRs.

True. Was that a foundation goal at the time?

> Recent increase in PRs can, perhaps, be partially attributed to
> Tempesta and Codership?

Maybe, if i get the Team/Organisations going this will be a bit more
obvious.

> And, perhaps, partially because we're getting
> more PRs now and need to change internal procedures to be able to
> cope with them?

In addition to growth, there is a 95th percentile of 25 days for
open prs in contrast with the median of 160 days shows a number aren't
being reviewed/rejected/merged.

If you can come up with some chart/goal that aids the internal
procedures then I can either try to develop or publish it.

Possibly something around the time in a github PR review state, or
releases passed for an approved PR (even though these aren't currently
scraped).

> I don't understand the "PRs open and closed this month" chart, number
> of "opened PRs" seems to be always less than the number of "closed
> PRs", how is this possible?

Its a stacked graphs but you're right, something's odd there, I'll take
a look.
https://github.com/MeasureOSS/Measure/blob/master/widgets/repo/43_prsStackChart.js

> We seem to be accepting about 60% of all PRs? It looks like since 2016
> we accept a bit more than a half. I think it's a pretty good ratio,
> meaning we must have rather smart contributors who create really good
> pull requests :)

Given the amount of feedback and contributor behaviour to create a new
pr or git push, or merged/rebased in background (as Vicențiu
suggested), I think 60% is something to be proud of.

As a measure subject to varying effects, its relative performance
probably would need to be very careful about inferences made.