Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Copying database files

Am 13.08.2018 um 11:57 schrieb Ling, Andy:
>>> I'm using MariaDB 10.2.13 on Windows 7.  All tables are using the Aria
>>> engine.
>>>
>>> I am trying to initialise a slave database by copying the files between
>>> PCs, but when I try and use the copied files I get the error
>>>
>>> Table is from another system and must be zerofilled or repaired to be
>>> usable on this system
>>>
>>> Repairing the tables fixes this, but I'd rather not have to so that.
>>>
>>> I have tried various things suggested to stop this, but nothing seems to
>>> help. On the source server I have run aria_chk -zerofill on all the
>>> tables. Before copying the tables I run FLUSH TABLES <table list> FOR
>>> EXPORT, but I still get the error.
>> jesus don't copy tbale files around while the server is running

no idea why you repsond off-list

> Does that mean this is not valid then...

did you read and understand it

> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/copying-tables-between-different-mariadb-databases-and-mariadb-servers/

how make you sure "The server is not accessing the tables during the
copy process"

"The advantage of FLUSH TABLES table_name FOR EXPORT is that the table
is read locked until UNLOCK TABLES is executed" is not really true
because that's only valid for the running connection

"Warning: If you do the above live copy, you are doing this on your own
risk" should be clear

in short: nobody right in his mind copies database tables hot