Re: My Solution to MariaDB Database Server Crashed in Experimental Online Store

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:28:31 +0000
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <turritopsis.dohrnii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Good evening from Singapore,
>

> My virtual server is an Amazon AWS Linux instance. I only gave it 1
> GB of RAM.
>

> How much RAM/memory do I need to support MariaDB SQL database server
> without crashing?

You've allocated 128M of ram to innodb buffer pool and its still
failing. While you can set it less, its ultra small already and won't
be useful if its less than your active data size.

You've undoubtedly got other memory consuming processes running. Tune
their memory usage down.

> Giving my virtual server more than 1 GB of RAM will cost me more
> money.

Sometimes you can't run a real service on less memory than your phone.