OT Advice Sought: Migrating from to MySQL replication to Maria cluster

Since 2001 I have been running MySQL for a database application that runs
on a private LAN. There all only a few users but the data is important to
me so I have had replication with a handful of slave servers -- I also
backup daily with mysqldump. I recently found out that my slaves were
broken -- in that not all update quieres replicate becuase I configured
them wrong using replicate-ignore-db.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55151424/update-database-table-set-name-tesla-where-id-420-not-updating-on-slaves?noredirect=1#comment97043196_55151424
My master server is also pretty old and running an old version of MySQL. It
is definitely time to upgrade.

My question is should I try to migrate to MariaDB replication or
MariaDB/Galera Cluster? How much harder is configuring and maintaining a DB
cluster vs replication? Does MariaDB have any paid support option where I
can hire someone to help me set up a DB cluster?

Thanks,

Richard

Follow ups