Fwd: Nosql language with plugins

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Justin Swanhart <greenlion@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, May 11, 2020, 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Maria-discuss] Nosql language with plugins
To: Roberto Spadim <roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

MariaDB relicensed MaxScale from GPL to Business Source License.  The
license change effectively extorted customers requiring customers using it
to pay for it.  While older versions of MaxScale become GPL, the license
terms prohibit backporting any security fixes and MariaDB abandons each
release and never backports any fixes so it is impossible to use old
versions in production.