Re: Which binaries include support for compression zstd and lz4?

Hi, Jonas!

On Jun 27, Jonas Krauss wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to have the most recent MariaDB 10.5.4 with the MyRocks plugin
> and support for LZ4 *and* ZSTD compression on a Debian-based Linux distro.
>
> So far I have found:
>
>    - Ubuntu 18.04, MariaDB 10.2.26 binaries support LZ4 and ZSTD (not final
>    in rocksdb)
>    - Debian 10, MariaDB 10.4.13 supports only LZ4
>    - Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB 10.3 binaries from vanilla apt repositories (not
>    those from the repository configuration tool on mariadb.org) support LZ4
>    and ZSTD (not final)
>    - Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB 10.5.4 from mirror.klaus-uwe.me supports only LZ4
>    - Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB 10.5.4 from ftp.utexas.edu supports only LZ4 (I
>    assume that mirrors are really mirrors and not individual compiled
>    versions, however I have tried out of curiosity)

It seems that zstd support has disappeared recently because of a bug
introduced as a merge mistake.

I've fixed it, so the next release should have zstd again.
And we're adding tests to make sure this won't happen again.
Sorry for this.

Regards,
Sergei
VP of MariaDB Server Engineering