Which binaries include support for compression zstd and lz4?

Hello all,

I would like to have the most recent MariaDB 10.5.4 with the MyRocks plugin
and support for LZ4 *and* ZSTD compression on a Debian-based Linux distro.

So far I have found:

   - Ubuntu 18.04, MariaDB 10.2.26 binaries support LZ4 and ZSTD (not final
   in rocksdb)
   - Debian 10, MariaDB 10.4.13 supports only LZ4
   - Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB 10.3 binaries from vanilla apt repositories (not
   those from the repository configuration tool on mariadb.org) support LZ4
   and ZSTD (not final)
   - Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB 10.5.4 from mirror.klaus-uwe.me supports only LZ4
   - Ubuntu 20.04, MariaDB 10.5.4 from ftp.utexas.edu supports only LZ4 (I
   assume that mirrors are really mirrors and not individual compiled
   versions, however I have tried out of curiosity)

Is there any way to tell which compression algos are supported by which
releases on which distros?

To get ZSTD support I have tried to compile 10.5.4 on Ubuntu 20.04 from
source following this guide
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/building-mariadb-on-ubuntu/ but it failed
somewhere when it was trying to compile the column store. I am no expert in
compiling and I would rather use binaries, if available.

Thanks in advance

Jonas

Follow ups