Issue authenticating as mysql in 10.5 on Ubuntu 20.04

Hi all,

This was probably already discussed.

I did a fresh 20.04 and MariaDB 10.5.8 install and now I'm having a question related to the new authentication concept starting from 10.4.
As stated at Authentication from MariaDB 10.4 and Authentication in MariaDB 10.4 — Understanding the Changes there are two administrative accounts created: root and mysql. As I understand using both account sockets.
Logging as normal user as root into mariadb using unix_sockets is no problem:
testusr@host:~$ sudo mariadb -u root
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 38
Server version: 10.5.8-MariaDB-1:10.5.8+maria~focal mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]> Ctrl-C -- exit!
Aborted

Doing the same with as mysql
testusr@host:~$ sudo mariadb -u mysql
returns

ERROR 1698 (28000): Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost'.

If someone can point me to a source detailing me what I may not have understood -
any help is appreciated.

---
Best Alex

Follow ups