Re: Introduction and Task Suggestion

Hi Hemant!

We've discussed this a bit internally and we strongly feel this project is
unlikely to be a good candidate for GSOC because of the big ramp up time.
There are quite a few moving parts starting with the parse tree and it is
very likely that you will spend most of your time doing discovery within
the codebase and run out of time for actually coding the project. It's very
likely that you will be set-up for failure in this case.

There are a lot of other projects that you may be able to tackle instead
that will give you some insight and hopefully make the optimizer task
easier. I recommend you have a look at our JSON related tasks. Some of them
are quite easy and there might be room to "merge" 2 projects into one, if
you feel that one would be too easy for you. (JSON_NORMALIZE and
JSON_EQUALS).

Vicențiu