MariaDB daily backups on EC2/EBS via EBS snapshots?

Hi,

for the scenario of a daily backup on a MariaDB with InnoDB engine running
on a EC2 with EBS - would a EBS snapshot be enough to have consistent
backups that MariaDB could restore from?

I know that I might lose in-flight transactions without any "flushing", but
for a daily backup, I accept the backup being a few (milli) seconds bit
behind, as long as I have a consistent persistent state.

To my understanding Amazon EBS snapshots are consistent point-in-time
snapshots (e.g via copy-on-write) of the volume, and MariaDB with a
transactional storage engine guarantees transactional consistent writes to
disk under all conditions.

Thanks for any clarification!
Joachim