Re: mysql 5.5 client vs mariadb 10 server

Hi Oliver,

I had a similar issue but resolved it by correcting the port number in
/etc/my.cnf file. If the file is empty, then add the port which you are
trying to connect!

Sample:

shekar1432@Rajashekars-MBP etc % cat my.cnf

#

# This group is read both by the client and the server

# use it for options that affect everything

#

[client-server]

port=3306

#

# include *.cnf from the config directory

#

!includedir /opt/homebrew/etc/my.cnf.d

shekar1432@Rajashekars-MBP etc %

Thanks,