Re: MariaDB server horribly slow on start

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 11:24 AM Cédric Counotte
<cedric.counotte@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've prepared all servers with that new setting, and this (is it ok or should I set it to 1048576 as well?):
>         table_open_cache = 65536

No, remember that LimitNOFILE has to fit at least the sum of all of
the settings I mentioned, and still leave plenty of headroom.
If you had PMM up and running you could see at a glance whether your
table_open_cache is big enough.

> I'll do the server restart this evening to avoid creating problems during the day.
>
> I did try to restart the backup cluster (2 nodes, one slave of the main cluster) and it didn't seem to slowdown the slave as it used to, so that might be the solution (or part of)!
>
> Thanks a lot for your time, will keep you posted later today when I restart a node of the main cluster.

IMO you are probably experiencing bigger problems from writing to
multiple nodes at the same time.