Re: Code of Conduct

On Thursday 22 December 2022 at 13:27:00, Kristian Nielsen wrote:

> Andrew Hutchings <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Instead the intention is to discourage people from personal attacks at
> > each other, which negatively affects the group as a whole.
>
> It doesn't affect anyone at all except those that choose to read them and
> have nothing better to spend their time on than react to them and feed the
> trolls.
>
> The way to improve the mailing lists is to move the traffic from
> mariadb.com / mariadb.org internal mailing lists/private mail onto the
> public lists.

Is this not a public list?

I think I have worked who/what sparked off this decision to introduce a CofC -
the reason I wasn't previously aware is because the person I now think has
triggered this action has been on my "delete any email from / to / about this
person" for some years, due to unpleasant interactions I have seen or been
part of, on too many other lists.

I can certainly say that this person does not in the least bit hold back from
expressing their opinions in public and having them archived for the Internet
to read, so I don't see how switching anything to a more public forum (and I
still question, is this list not already public enough?) would make any useful
difference.

Antony.

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

 - Bill Gates

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.