debian 11 + mariadb remote connections

Howdy all!  I'm having trouble figuring out why a new install on a debian 11 box of mariadb 10.10 is not allowing remote connections.  I'm really at a loss for what's going on. I've adjusted the bind address and made sure it's setup for remote connections. From this box, I am able to access mysql using 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.143 or the external IP without any issue.

When trying to connect from any other box, it's acting like it's blocked by the firewall.

 * iptables is what I generally use but i've cleared out all rules,
   flushed all tables, and all policies are set to accept.
 * There is no firewall running from my cloud host - verified with
   their support team.
 * Other services are connecting just fine externally, which would
   really point towards an issues specific with mariadb.

MariaDB is currently binding to app ipv4 and ipv6 interfaces. I've tried having only bind to ipv4, changing the default port to something other than 3306.

I even went as far as spinning up a test server, same config and it's working as expected.  This server is setup for email - so it's also running postfix, dovecot, rspam, redis and apache.

Any suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

--
Aaron Axelsen

Follow ups