Re: debian 11 + mariadb remote connections

On Thursday 29 December 2022 at 18:31:47, Aaron Axelsen wrote:

> Howdy all!  I'm having trouble figuring out why a new install on a
> debian 11 box of mariadb 10.10 is not allowing remote connections.

> Any suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Use something like tshark to do a packet capture of port 3306 on the machine
you're trying to connect from (and preferably on the machine you're trying to
connect to as well).  This will at least tell you whether the problem is basic
networking (TCP request, no response), or something higher level (TCP working
fine but connections rejected, hopefully with some noticeable error message).

Antony.

--
In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

 - Paul Dirac

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.