Re: can not kill process

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 11:10 PM Radisson <Radisson97@xxxxxx> wrote:
> if it happens again and if possible i will try gdb to see where its
> stuck. Its a production machine, so do not hold your breath :)

You can enable core dumps, so if the built-in InnoDB watchdog triggers
an abort of the server process (a lock wait time exceeds
innodb_fatal_semaphore_wait_threshold), you should get a core dump of
the crash. Starting with 10.3, the core dump does not include some
large buffers, such as the InnoDB buffer pool, so hopefully it should
not be unacceptably large.

Yesterday, I pushed the fix of
https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-29835 (a hang that was introduced
in MySQL 5.7 and MariaDB 10.2.2) to the 10.6 branch. Today, I have
pushed a merge of it to all 10.x branches. The 11.0 and 11.1 branches
should follow within an hour.

The next scheduled quarterly releases should be around April 27.

Marko
--
Marko Mäkelä, Lead Developer InnoDB
MariaDB Corporation