maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Stub content on KB?

Hi!

On 29 Nov 2011, at 17:23, Federico Razzoli wrote:

> Also, MySQL docs seem to strictly follow some (good) guidelines. AM KB doesn't: pages are written with different styles, some categories seem to be duplicated, and many articles are not listed in some related categories. A lack of guidelines does not encourage people who want to contrib with quality content.

MySQL docs officially are written by a docs team, which at any one time has about four or so employees on staff I think. The Knowledgebase at the moment seems to be more free-form, which I guess is a lot more problematic when you want to distribute quality content and translate it all in a similar way

It might make sense to have a "style guide", but the more complex it gets, the more it turns off contributors (IMHO)
--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/ | twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
MariaDB: Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.