maria-docs team mailing list archive

Request: "Save and continue editing" button in KB

Hello,

I think the KB article editor needs a "Save and continue editing" button, like
it is done in WordPress. The reasons are:

1. A browser may loose text in edit boxes, so one is better is to save often.

2. Preview pane is below the text, so one cannot look at both; I end up having
  two side-by-side browser windows, one for viewing the original/changed
  article, and the other one for editing.

For both reasons #1 and #2, when I press "save", most of the time I have to
immediately press "Edit" to get back to editing (and then, in most cases,
find the part of the text that I was editing before pressing "save").

Having "Save and continue editing" would eliminate the need to go
back-and-forth and simplify editing for most users, I think.

BR
 Sergei
--
Sergei Petrunia, Software Developer