maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Request: "Save and continue editing" button in KB

Hi Sergei,

On 12/26/2011 04:54 AM, Sergei Petrunia wrote:
Hello,

I think the KB article editor needs a "Save and continue editing" button, like
it is done in WordPress. The reasons are:

1. A browser may loose text in edit boxes, so one is better is to save often.

2. Preview pane is below the text, so one cannot look at both; I end up having
   two side-by-side browser windows, one for viewing the original/changed
   article, and the other one for editing.

Would it help if there was an option to preview in a second window as well?

For both reasons #1 and #2, when I press "save", most of the time I have to
immediately press "Edit" to get back to editing (and then, in most cases,
find the part of the text that I was editing before pressing "save").

So you would like the cursor to jump back to where it was before when you hit save and continue.

Having "Save and continue editing" would eliminate the need to go
back-and-forth and simplify editing for most users, I think.

Yes, this is a good idea and I will implement it.

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program AB. http://montyprogram.com