maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/annotate_rows_log_event

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 08:32:16 +0100
Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kristian> Sergei Petrunia <psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Sergei> I am looking at
Sergei> http://kb.askmonty.org/en/annotate_rows_log_event.
Sergei>
Sergei> Note that the version is 5.1.44! THis is confusing. How did
Sergei> we get this output? Is it because binlog annotation was a
Sergei> patch against 5.1 at some point?

Kristian> Yes, probably. Alexi probably did his work based on a 5.1.44
Kristian> tree, I think the patch may originally even have been for
Kristian> mysql or percona-server, not mariadb, it was NRE for some
Kristian> customer delivered as a patch.
Kristian>
Kristian> (Much) later it was merged into mariadb, which happened to be
Kristian> at 5.3 at that time.

That is probably where the output comes from. If you have better
example output we can use, please add it to the page, otherwise I will
add a todo to do it myself.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Bartholomew