maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: MariaDB 5.5.32 Release Prep

On Jul 18, 2013 2:24 AM, "Sergei Golubchik" <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Daniel!

Hello!

> On Jul 17, Daniel Bartholomew wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I've begun the prep work for the MariaDB 5.5.32 release. The packages
> > are uploaded and the mirrors should start picking them up soon.
> >
> > The draft changelog and release notes are here:
> >
> > - https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-5532-changelog/
>
> This looks wrong. Surely, there are many more changesets under the
> "mysql-5.5.32 merge" than just "BLACKHOLE BINARY LOG WITH ROW".

There are. The modified version of the --kb-short command I use to generate
the changelogs automatically strips out the upstream revisions from Oracle.

Including them can really balloon the size of the changelogs. So instead of
including them I just link to the MySQL changelogs in the release notes.

In this instance the script left the blackhole commit in there and stripped
all the others that were part of that merge.

I can either remove the blackhole merge from the changelog or add in the
rest of the Oracle merges. Which would you prefer?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew