maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: What is MariaDB 10 is rapidly changing

Hi, Colin!

On Oct 08, Colin Charles wrote:
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/what-is-mariadb-100/ for reference
>
> • New InnoDB — from MySQL 5.6.5 (MDEV-303)
>
> We have a newer InnoDB I believe (from 5.6.10 in 10.0.4)
>
> • Performance schema — from MySQL 5.6.5 (without host cache)
>
> We now have host cache in P_S in 10.0.4
> (https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-4058)
>
> Those were just the items I noted quickly. I think we need to make
> sure this stuff is usually very updated

I intend to fix it in a couple of days, feel free to remind me if I
forget.

Background: I'm giving a talk about MariaDB 10.0 new features, so I've
prepared slides and tried create a list of everything we've done.  It's
a biased non-exhaustive list, though.  Small features that are of no
interest to the end-user are omitted.

Regards,
Sergei