maria-docs team mailing list archive

Is there a way to see release specific docs for spatial support?

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a table of which spatial functions are supported
by MySQL and MariaDB at which version numbers.

Something like
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/spatial-function-reference.html for
different versions would be awesome, but I can't find it.

Checking wiki history isn't very helpful because it just shows a date that
it was changed, with no mention of why.

Is there a better approach I could be taking?

I'm making the table for WordPress plugin developers, who have to deal with
sometimes old versions of MySQL and MariaDB on their hosts without control
over the upgrade schedule.

Once I have the table compiled I'd love to share it back on the MariaDB KB
for future people looking for the same thing.

Many thanks,
Michael Moore

Follow ups