maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Questions About Lifetime Cycles of MariaDB for Ubuntu

Hello Carsten!

You are right that MariaDB is not in the main archive, but in universe
in Ubuntu. It is community maintained, and mostly by me. The current
planned maintenance cycle for MariaDB 10.1 is not as long as what
Ubuntu 18.04 has. Unfortunately we did not manage to release 10.3 as
originally planned, and it missed the Ubuntu 18.04 window.

As Sergei wrote, on the page
https://mariadb.org/about/maintenance-policy/ at the moment it says
"17 Oct 2020" for 10.1.

That can be subject to change, but the MariaDB Foundation cannot
promise anything, it all depends on community success and the usage of
10.1 in general.

If you are running MariaDB in a mission critical environment, please
consider installing it from a source that provides you some commercial
guarantees about support that matches your production requirements.
See options at https://mariadb.org/about/service-providers/